Realtor.com® Survey: 13% of Consumers Ready to Buy a Luxury Home
In a new survey, realtor.com® uncovered the priorities, buying motivations and expectations of transaction-ready luxury homebuyers. According to the survey, 13% of respondents said they’re ready to buy a luxury home and another 26% are considering a high-end home purchase.
Percentages of surveyed consumers currently considering a luxury home purchase:
- 13% of respondents stated that they are looking to purchase a high-end luxury home;
- 26% said they might be considering a high-end luxury home;
- 61% revealed they are not looking for a high-end luxury home.
Most popular price points at which surveyed consumers stated that luxury housing begins, by U.S. region:
- Northeast (ME, VT, NH, NY, NJ, MA, CT, RI, MD, DE, PA) $1 million +
- Pacific (CA, OR, WA, AK, HI) $1 million +
- Mountain (MT, ID, WY, CO, UT, NV, AZ, NM) $1 million +
- South Central (AL, MS, TN, AR, LA, TX, OK) $500,000 +
- North Central (KY, OH, IN, IL, MI, WI, MN, IA, NE, KS, ND, SD) $500,000 +
- South Atlantic (VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL) $500,000 +